14 Things You Should Know About the former Sultan of Sokoto
According to reports, Dasuki died on Monday, November 14, 2016, and will be buried according to Islamic rites Today, Tuesday, November 15, 2016 by 2:00 pm.
Here are the 14 things you should know about Alhaji Ibrahim Dasuki:
1. The late Sultan attended Dogondaji Elementary School before proceeding to Sokoto Middle School in 1935.
2. Dasuki concluded his secondary education at Barewa College on sponsorship from Sokoto Native Authority.
3. After high school in 1943, he worked as a clerk in the treasury office of the Sokoto Native Authority.
4. He was installed as Sultan of Sokoto by Gen. Ibrahim Babangida in 1988.
5. He was deposed by Gen. Sani Abacha in 1996, and banished to Zing, in Taraba State. It was alleged that he was deposed because of personal issues between him and Abacha.
6. The late Sultan is the father of the former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki.
7. He was the first Sultan from the Buhari lineage of the house of Uthman Dan Fodio.
8. He was one of the founding fathers of the Jama’atu Nasril Islam.
9. Dasuki was the personal secretary to Ahmadu Bello in 1957.
10. He worked in the Nigerian embassy in Khartoum, Sudan from 1960 – 1961.
11. The late Sultan also worked with Gaskiya Corporation, a publishing house that published the Hausa daily, Gaskiya Ta Fi Kwabo in 1945.
12. He was the permanent secretary in the regional Ministry of Local Government.
13. In 1965, Dasuki moved to the Ministry of Commerce as its permanent secretary.
14. He was the 18th Sultan of Sokoto.