Match Preview: Manchester United vs Chelsea
Kick Off 4:00pm
- David de Gea has missed Manchester United’s last two matches and is expected to return between the sticks on Sunday. Wayne Rooney wasn’t fit enough to travel to Belgium in midweek but will be looking to return to the side this weekend, while Ashley Young is also nearing a return to full fitness.
- Jose Mourinho might be concerned by the amount of games Marcos Rojo and Eric Bailly are playing at the moment but with Chris Smalling and Phil Jones out injured, Daley Blind is the only alternative and he seems to have lost the chance of playing at centre-back.
- Ander Herrera was an unused substitute in the 1-1 draw away to Anderlecht and will start against Chelsea, while Marouane Fellaini should also start.
- Antonio Conte has no injury concerns ahead of the trip to Old Trafford on Sunday and only really has to choose between whether Nemanja Matic or Cesc Fabregas and Willian or Pedro plays.
|Chelsea have won 21 of their last 25 matches (Premier League).||Chelsea win2.80|
|Man Utd are undefeated in their last 21 matches (Premier League).||Man Utd win or draw1.44|
|Man Utd have drawn their last 3 home matches against Chelsea in all competitions.||Man Utd draw3.20|
|There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Man Utd‘s last 6home games (Premier League).||Under 2.5 goals1.68|
|There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Chelsea‘s last 6games (Premier League).||Over 2.5 goals2.15|
|Man Utd have been drawing at both half time and full time in their last 3 home matches against Chelsea in all competitions.||Man Utd draw/draw5.00|
|Chelsea are undefeated in their last 12 matches against Man Utd in all competitions.||Chelsea win or draw1.44|
|Man Utd have seen under 2.5 goals in their last 4 home matches against Chelsea in all competitions.||Under 2.5 goals1.68|
|Chelsea have scored at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 matches (Premier League).|
- Manchester United could only manage a 1-1 draw away to Anderlecht and will require their best team next Thursday, which should see a slightly weakened team against Chelsea on Sunday. United are winless in 12 against Chelsea and this isn’t their best chance of ending that streak despite being 20 games unbeaten in the Premier League.
- Chelsea’s lead at the top of the Premier League may only be four points by the time this game comes around but they’ve had a full week to prepare for the trip to Old Trafford and should inflict further misery on former manager Jose Mourinho. Antonio Conte’s side were the last side to beat United in the Premier League and should repeat the feat again on Sunday.
Kick Off 4:00pm Team News Manchester United David de Gea has missed Manchester United’s last two matches and is expected to return between the sticks on Sunday. Wayne Rooney wasn’t fit enough to travel to Belgium in midweek but will be looking to return to the side this weekend, while Ashley...email@example.comAdministratorA blogger #AMonpointTV is my brand and am onpoint #Thank You For ReadingAM onpoint TV | Information & Entertainment Platform