It’s barely four days to the commencement of the 2017 Batch B Stream 1 Orientation Course activities across the country.
The National Youth Service Corps, NYSC on Friday, 17th November released call up letters for prospective corps members.
Consequently, there are certain things one must do or have to be admitted to, or survive on camp.
DAILYPOST has gathered a comprehensive list of essential things prospective corps member must take to camp. Among the items are some life saving TIPS.
1. Authentic Student ID Card – (Original and ptuneocopies)
2. Certificate /Statement of Result from your School (Original and 6 Ptuneocopies) in addition if you are a Medical Doctor, Pharmacist or an Optometrist you will be expected to bring along original of your registration certificate with the Nigerian Medical Council, Pharmacist Board or Optometrist Registration Council and evidence of completion of housemanship or internship.
3. NYSC Call-up letter (Original and 6 ptuneocopies)
4. Recent Passport Ptuneograph – WHITE BACKGROUND (24 copies)
5. Compulsory medical certificate from a government or military hospital showing health status.
Going to camp with the above listed documents and items will get you through your registration at the orientation camp, up to the point of collection of mattress and your NYSC KIT. The NYSC kit consists of: 2 round neck loosely fitted white T-shirts, 2 pair of white shorts, One NYSC crested vest, a pair of NYSC khaki (Jacket, Belt and trousers), a crested NYSC cap, a pair of Jungle boots, a pair of NYSC white tennis shoes.
However here’s a list of 10 survival kits during the three weeks.
1. ROUND-NECKED WHITE T-SHIRTS : This is an essential outfit worn everyday in camp throughout your 3 weeks .
2. WHITE SHORTS: NYSC would give 2 pairs of shorts you may need extra 4pairs so as not to be stranded because you wouldn’t be able to wash daily.
3. PLAIN WHITE TENNIS SHOES/ WHITE SOCKS: It’s advisable you get one pair of rubber to save yourself from stress alongside leather tennis shoes.
4. CEREALS/PROVISIONS: Essential for those who would not like camp food with cup, plate, water bottle (useful on parade ground or long hours lectures)
5. TOILETRIES: antiseptics, insecticides, towel, sanitary pads, this is essential to keep you from infections and skin reactions.
6. MOSQUITO NET: Take along with a rope to tie it to your bunk to avoid malaria.
7. CASH: Atleast 25,000 with your ATM card ,there are lots of things that take up money in camp like food, charging of phones, e.t.c
8. WAIST POUCH: Very essential, it serves as your bank and locker for important items. Things like phones, money, ID card, keys, ATM cards e.t.c
9. TORCHLIGHT OR RECHARGEABLE LAMPS: In preparation for morning drills at 5am and at night after lights out.
10. PADLOCKS: please lock your boxes and bags to avoid regrets. People who lost things to theives due to carelessness
OTHERS: bed sheets, Pillow Cases,Pillow, Power bank, pain relief drugs, antibiotics etc.